1. Low Cost Fiber Optic Components;
2. Enhanced Digital Links DC-5 MBd;
3. Extended Distance Links up to 120 m at 40 kBd;
4. Low Current Link: 6 mA Peak Supply Current;
5. Horizontal and Vertical Mounting;
6. Interlocking Feature;
7. High Noise Immunity;
8. Easy Connecting Simplex, Duplex, and Latching Connectors;
9. Flame Retardant;
10. Transmitters Incorporate a 660 nm Red LED for Easy Visibility
11. Compatible with Standard TTL Circuitry
1. Reduction of Lightning/Voltage Transient Susceptibility
2. Motor Controller Triggering
3. Data Communications and Local Area Networks
4. Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC) for Regulated Systems: FCC, VDE, CSA, etc.
5. Tempest-Secure Data Processing Equipment
6. Isolation in Test and Measurement Instruments
7. Error Free Signaling for Industrial and Manufacturing Equipment
8. Automotive Communications and Control Networks
9. Noise Immune Communication in Audio and Video Equipment
The Versatile Link series is a complete family of fiber optic link components for applications requiring a low cost solution. The Module includes transmitters, receivers, connectors and cable specified for easy design. This series of components is ideal for solving problems with voltage isolation/insulation, EMI/RFI immunity or data security.
Transmitters incorporate a 660 nm LED. Receivers include a monolithic DC coupled, digital IC receiver with open collector Schottky output transistor. An internal pull-up resistor is available for use in the Module. A shield has been integrated into the receiver IC to provide additional, localized noise immunity.
Internal optics has been optimized for use with 1 mm diameter plastic optical fiber. Versatile Link specifications incorporate all connector interface losses. Therefore, optical calculations for common link applications are simplified.